Monday, April 15, 2013

The Other Side 4-15-2013

I'm now on the other side of my life.  My childhood past, but not forgotten fades just a little.  My children are getting older one off to college soon, the other 15 going on 30.  It is in some ways a good place to be and I'm not disappointed in it, was only hoping to be a little further along on the life path of what I really wanted.  We don't always get what we want, so we make the best of what we do have.  Only in myself am I disappointed, not in anyone else. 
I only wish that I had been a little stronger and reached for what I wanted and not let anyone else tell me any different.   I had ample opportunities to take a hold of many different things but was afraid.   Afraid of failing, afraid of someone not approving.  I let fear control a big part of my life, but I'm on the other side now and I can see there was nothing to be afraid of, I held myself back.  I will no longer do that.  I will speak up for myself, and I will be heard.  My thoughts will find fruition in anything I can make happen.

P. Contreras

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot 


1 comment:

  1. OMGOSH! What an awesome Photograph to go with such Powerful Statements of You!!! I know that you can still be anything that you choose to be Paula!! You're a Writer, a Photographer, an Awesome Wife, Mother, and Friend! How can you not be sitting in the tops of the trees!!!! Love this!! Go Get Em Paula !!! <3 T*

    ReplyDelete