Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Prizes 2-20-2013

It's cold outside and I wish I had a fire going tonight.  Sitting in front watching the flames dance and reflect off the walls.  Warming me from the outside to my inner core.  I love just watching it, so mesmerizing, so calming, lulling you into a trance.  

I've talked to the kids in the last few days, actually I'm trying to listen to them more.  My how old I am, or maybe just how I feel because they are becoming so mature.  They talk to me as if they were adults, oh my gosh, my son is.  I remember holding both of them in my arms just yesterday, where has the time gone.  My son was chasing his shadow in the culdesac as we watched him and laughed, now he is chasing dreams of what he wants to be as a man.  I'm tearing up as I write this, knowing that soon (not too soon, I hope) he will leave the nest and my daughter will be right behind him.

She is so smart, smarter than me and so well adjusted.  She knows exactly what she wants and she goes after it.  She is strong and I am so glad for that.  I have a feeling that she won't let anyone ever take advantage of her, I pray that this is true.  She is so confident in a way that I never was and I am so proud of her, of both of them.  They are my pride and joy and I am so thankful everyday that they are here to lift me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment