Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Seasons 2-25-2013




Seasons




I have never had a lot of friends.  I have always believed in quality not quantity, so the friends that I do have I treasure.  I have as I have gotten older found it much easier to make friends than when I was younger.  I don't know if it is easier because I'm not as shy, or if it's that I just don't care what people think of me now.  I'm not trying to impress anyone anymore.  Take me as I am, or don't take me at all.

I think of life as the seasons.  The Spring is our youth, the Summer our young adulthood, the Autumn our mature years and the Winter old age.  I am heading into my Autumn, and enjoying every minute of it.  It's at this time that I have found that I must make myself happy, no one else can do it for me, not even my family.  It's not their job, all they need to do is Love me. 

Our friendships have seasons as well.  Some are there in the Spring, some in the Summer, some in Autumn, and some in the Winter.  Some stay for them all, some only one season or maybe two.  But it is all of them that have helped to shape the person that I am today.  I cannot regret any of them, for even those that hurt, still taught me a lesson.  So it is the saying "Hurt me once, shame on you, hurt me twice shame on me".  That lesson is so hard to learn, especially when you trust people, always looking for the best in everyone.  I have become more cautious, I still trust, but maybe not as openly as before, and of course I am constantly looking for the one that will disappoint.






Life will throw you curves, roll with it and enjoy your seasons.

P. Contreras

2 comments:

  1. interesting analogy...I still trust too, otherwise it would always be the dead and cold of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have that exactly right Annmarie, hope that you and your family are doing well. Blessings.

      Delete