Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pride and Joy 3-12-2013

My Pride and Joy

It's so heartwarming when your children do something that, well you know they are capable of, but that they do it on their own.  Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and like you yourself have accomplished something.

My children tease each other endlessly, so it is on the occasion when they do something out of the blue that makes me feel so proud like I myself have accomplished the task, that makes me just glow inside.  They are both growing up so fast, my son actually an adult now, with his sister directly behind him.  They are going to be an asset to society this I have no doubt about.  In one way or another they are going to be the movers and shakers.  They are an extension of you, especially when it is something you have always wanted and that that part of your dream has come true.

I did not simply have children, both of mine were planned.  There was a point when I didn't even think that I would be able to have children, so the blessing is ten fold.  My son so much more like me very mellow, while his sister more like her father very driven.  I love watching the dreams unfold of what they would like to be when they grow up.  It has not differed very much in the last 10 years.  Achieving this is the next task and I hope that for their sake life will shine a little brighter than it did on me.  That they keep sight of what they want and don't let anybody tell them that they can't do it.

My dreams are now that my children's dreams come true.  That all of their flights of fancy land within their reach and that they hold on tight no matter how rough the ride is, and never let go.  


P. Contreras

2 comments:

  1. AWWW... They are so very adorable in this photograph!
    You make me cry, you know, when you're all sentimental like that... I know it is from the pure heart of an adoring Mother, and it is very beautiful Paula... You're magical in my life, so I know that you are so very much more than that in theirs... Congratulations to You and Your Awesome Hubby, for raising such wonderful young People!!! :) Can't wait to follow along on the tips of those Loving Wings you're sitting them upon... MAN I LOVE G+!!!! :) You are My Friend...says it all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa, you're gonna make me cry. I have been very sentimental lately, I guess with everything going on. My Baby turned 18 today, OMG he's a man now. I'm sure this is all part of it. I do have to say that I am very blessed to have found G+ as well, I have met so many wonderful people and made some really wonderful friends, so thank you again my wonderful friend.

      Delete